Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Results are In...

Well another one for the record books. Finished my 8th Houston Marathon and 9th time participating in the Houston Marathon weekend. (I did the half marathon with Lovable in 2008.) Won't dwell on it, but let's just say I didn't make my goal time, but I had a blast! Jean stayed with me the entire time and even would take my water bottles and fill them at each water station. The highlight was the weekend stay at the Hilton with the Spa Girls. Although the four of us don't do as much together as we used to, we are forever best of friends and I love them all to death!

I cried 50 yards from the finish line when I saw Sassy Pants and Sandy cheering me in. I was running to raise money (and I beat my fund raising goal) for CanCare and also in celebration of her hubby's recent discovery that he had KICKED CANCER'S BUTT! They had written me the most touching email when they found out and to see Sassy Pants at the finish line was just awesome....I still miss her on our Saturday long runs since she moved to the KUNTRY (as she calls it).

A few steps later, my kids were holding a giant sign that said "My Mom is My Hero. 4:30". Well even though I didn't make the 4:30 goal, it was even better to see that poster. When we got home, I told them we were keeping that poster and they would have to hold it at the finish line every year until I made 4:30 or less! (And we really did save it. In case I ask any of you next year where I put it, it's in the hall coat closet.)

Now the real training begins! 8 days until Ironman Canada training starts. Coach Sam - I'm counting on ya!


Workout Log

Saturday, Jan 17
Rest for marathon

Sunday, Jan 18
Just a little 26.2 mile run through the streets of Houston

Monday, Jan 19
Stretching

Tuesday, Jan 20
Walk/jog and stretching for 40 minutes

Wednesday, Jan 21
Yoga

Thursday, Jan 22
Weights with Hawaiian Christine

Friday, Jan 23
Nothing

Saturday, Jan 24
Easy 4 mile run. Felt a few little post-marathon aches, but nothing major that one shouldn't expect 6 days after a marathon

3 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

Urgh! You made me cry AGAIN reading this!

Thanks again...means so much to us!

I KNOW you will hit that SUB 4:30. Last Sunday was hot and just not the day for it to happen. But, it will. I know it!

June said...

Too hot!!! Glad to see you still ran a great time and had fun!

June said...

Is it Canana training time???