Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sleep, Exercise, Shop

That's how I spent my summer...oopps....winter vaction. Rounded out the rest of the week with this pattern. Sleep until 8:30 - didn't even hear Sweetie leave for work each morning. Wake up. Eat breakfast and catch a little of the Today Show. Who knew Hoda Kotbe (a former New Orleans reporter back in the day) and Kathy Lee Gifford now host the Today Show later in the morning? What the working girl misses these days. Afer that I would do a workout of some sort and then hit the malls of Raleigh/Durham area. I still seemed to not be able to finish Christmas shopping though.

Since I missed the 30K Race in the Land of Sugar, Sweetie and I did 30k through Durham and Duke University. He tells me I pretty much saw all of Durham! Hey that's what happens when you have to do that much mileage. We took it fairly easy but for some reason at mile 15, I got a burst of energy and started running a sub-9 pace. Well that didn't last for long. The last half mile seemed to go on FOR-EVVAAAAA.

Here's a little pre and post run view for ya:

BEFORE




AFTER





Workout Log

Friday, Dec 12
Rest Day

Saturday, Dec 13
18.6 miles at 10:45 pace. Would like to have been faster, but I did this with Sweetie and it was about covering the distance, not the pace.

Sunday, Dec 14
Rest Day (lots of those lately!)

Tuesday, Dec 15
Travel Day - back to Houston

No comments: