Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Amongst These Hills


Did my first hilly bike ride since Vineman yesterday. Since Sweetie is now living in Raleigh along with my rode bike, we spent our vacation day on Monday doing our first North Carolina ride yesterday. Perfect weather, perfect route, perfect company, not perfect bike. Well the ride started out really nice through the country side outside of Chappell Hill. (No not the Houston area Chappell Hill, the REAL one in North Carolina....although the terrain is about the same.) Sweetie had even mapped out a 25 mile ride that had a dairy farm about 16 miles into it that served homemade ice cream. We thanked the cows as we rode past them and stopped at their ice cream store.


Now with a sugar rush we took off. But seems my Trek didn't quite like the move and suddenly for some reason it would randomly change gears about every 5 rotations. Never knew if it would go to a harder or easier gear.


No worries, Sweetie is gonna take care of it for me and bring the baby into the doc for a tune-up before my next trip here. I foresee lots of hill riding in North Carolina during Ironman Canada training!

2 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

Funny girl. Only you would have a "vaca" bike of your own!

June said...

Not my TREK...the first bike I ever rode in a race....Stephanie Johnson 2007