Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

After 6 long weeks of recovering from surgery, I am finally able to run again. Doc says I can pretty much do anything I feel up to doing. So Saturday I went out for my first run. Of course Friday night was quite an adventure of shopping for a new running bra. After about 3 stops, I finally found one that I thought would work.

While my regular training group was starting at 5am to do 15 miles, I decided that I would rather finish with them than start with them - My Momma didn't raise no dummy! I started in teh dark at about 6:40 am. Recognized my Vineman partner June leaving the parking lot about the same time. (She's just starting back after injury too.) We started together but quickly seperated. Brought good ole IPOD along for company.

All I will say is WOW - what a difference a little surgery makes. I felt like a kid running around the playground at recess. I had planned on starting at 3 miles but felt so good I went for 4. So, I'm back in the saddle again!

3 comments:

June said...

I need you to go bra shopping with me...I know I am not wearing the correct bra.

Mrs. C. said...

You go girl!!:) I won't be able to keep up with you. My surgery is scheduled for December 1st. Wish me luck!!:)

sassy stephanie said...

Maybe your smaller sisters will like what mine do. I love the Champion shaped bras. They actually don't give the boob smash and look decent while supporting the girls. I also just discovered a new brand of running apparel. I love the bra but have not run in it yet. http://www.oisellerunning.com/