Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ANTICIPATION

For those who are of my vintage (very young and beautiful of course) you may remember the ketchup commercial that was on TV when we were kids. It showed a little boy fixing his burger and just waiting for the ketchup to come out of the bottle. You could almost see the kid drooling. In the background they played the song "Anticipation" by Carly Simon. You know the one....Anticipation...it's keeping me way-yay-yay-ting.

Well this week I feel like that little boy! Sweetie is coming to Houston on Friday. I can't wait. His trips to H-Town have been few this year since he came to Houston all the time in 2007 while I was training for Ironman. BTW this won't be the case for my Ironman Canada training since I now have a bike at his house and I'll probably get better training when I'm with him in Raleigh since they have REAL hills there. And the last time he was here was for my surgery so it doesn't really count. He'll only be here for a quick Friday evening - Sunday afternoon. The TriPsy end-of-season party is Saturday night and I'm thinking about getting tickets for the Body World 2 at the museum for Saturday afternoon. Of course with a 16 mile run on the agenda for Saturday morning, we may skip the museum in favor of a NAP!

Friday can't come soon enough. This has to be the slowest week at work ever! I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do my workouts but I keep telling myself before every workout that if I don't do xxx (ride the trainer, go to the gym to swim instead of hitting snooze, etc) then Sweetie won't come on Friday.

Only 3 more days!!!!


Workout Log

Sunday
Rest Day - Cleaned my closet and gave lots of clothes to Goodwill

Monday
Cycled - 50 min
Ran - 30 min
First brick workout I've done since before Vineman!

2 comments:

June said...

I guess we won't be seeing much of you this weekend....and I was going to ask you if you wanted to ride Sunday.

June said...

Yeah for you...IT"S FRIDAY!!! :)