Monday, November 10, 2008

PD'ing


It was an adventurous weekend. About 15 of my gal pals and I ventured into the 'Big City' near the Galleria and had a private pole dancing class at a place called Sheila Kelly's S-Factor. What a hoot! Now before your thoughts get too racey, we only learned one 'trick' on the pole. Mostly it was a fun GNO! The majority of the class was spent doing yoga-like stretching. Only difference was there were lots of hip swings in between! Then we did some killa abs. My stomach is still hurting 3 days later. Finally we learned a pole trick where we wrapped our legs around the pole, hung on and spun around. I was pretty spastic and have a purple shin and knee to prove it. After about 5 tries I finally got it and even eventually could do it and look pretty sexy...as per the girls! Most fun was had trying on the shoes that you wear at the "advanced" class. I think we're ready for that one already!

The rest of the weekend was spent in Austin with Lovable. We have a tradition of having one Mom/Daughter weekend every sememster since she started college. I just love these weekends! We shopped, ate, ran, shopped some more and ate some more. We made our usual trek to Nordstrom's but were actually more successful this time at Banana Republic. Gotta love the new purple for the season. New purple sweater and scarf for me, new boots and dress for Lovable. On Sunday morning we ventured out to Town Lake. Love that soft trail around the lake. Lovable ran 5 miles with me and then I did another 7 miles by myself.

Finally, I spent a little time doing some serious run calendar planning today. I have until Nov 19 to decide if I'll be doing the Houston Marathon/Half Marathon. Right now, I'm favoring the option of doing the full in Austin and either spectating or doing the half in Houston. I think I've even got Sweetie considering pacing/running with me. It would be awesome to do a full marathon with him by my side. He's an incredible runner and is such a great coach/encourager. I always run better/faster with him. We've done several half marathons together but never a full --- so this would be a first. More on that later. I have a little convincing to do yet!

Workout Log
Friday
Rest Day

Saturday
Rest Day

Sunday
12 miles around Austin's Town Lake

Monday
Cycling on Computrainer 45 min

3 comments:

June said...

I have always wanted to do a stripper pole class...looks like so much fun....

sassy stephanie said...

Puke. Austin marathon.

I heard those classes are FUN! I think I can tell who one PD is. I don't see Patty's long ass toes, so I'm trying to figure the other ones out.

sassy stephanie said...

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to adopt me. I love Norstrom. And Banana Republic. And any store where someone else is paying.