Friday, November 28, 2008

It's Christmas Time in the City


My favorite time of year so of course I had to decorate my blog.

Now, first there was Thanksgiving. I was driving to my hometown, "The City that Care Forgot". I don't normally go home for Thanksgiving, but my niece is having a baby in mid-December and Lovable is the godmother. So we're hosting a baby shower on Saturday in New Orleans. I left the Land of Sugar at 1:25 on Wednesday afternoon. By 3:30 I had driven a whopping 35 miles and was stopped on I-10 at Baytown. Since I was driving by myself, I was just not prepared to be on the road for what would be a 10 hour trip at this rate. So I called Mom and Dad and turned around and went back to Sugar Land and bought an airline ticket to fly home after Thanksgiving instead.

So, not having planned to be home for Turkey Day, I volunteered instead of running the Turkey Trot. Walked 2 miles in the process since I was assigned to work the aid station at mile 4 of the 5 miles race.

Canadian Debbie invited me over to give thanks. It was very yummy! She's an awesome cook.

The good thing about staying home was that I didn't have to run the 14 mile long run by myself in New Orleans. Canadian Debbie and Alia ran with me on Friday morning. We started later than normal and with temps in the 70's and 100% humidity it was quite a mental challenge.

Now off to start Christmas!


Workout Log

Wednesday
100 crunches

THANKSGIVING Thursday
Walked 2 miles
Trainer 1 hour
100 crunches

Friday
Ran 14 miles at 10:24 pace on VERY hot and humid day!

1 comment:

June said...

How was the baby shower??? See you Thursday at the tree lighting.